Cabbage can be so incredibly delicious… if you cook it right! This Paleo Bacon and Garlic Cabbage is the simplest, most delicious way to make cabbage.
This recipe was one of my first 5 recipes on my blog. It makes me a little emotional to think it’s been two years now that I’ve been posting my life through food images.
For this recipe, I remember grabbing random items at the Farmer’s Market and having a night of cooking with my best friend Elizabeth. We cooked 4 different dishes, and I posted them all that week. At the time, I loved the images, and thought my posts were perfect. Little did I know, I’d be rephotographing them in the future and rewriting the posts. It’s bittersweet.
This recipe is extremely delicious because if it wasn’t I wouldn’t be making it again! These baby cabbages came back in season and showed up again at the Covington Farmer’s Market. When my dad bought me a few, I couldn’t think of any other way I wanted to enjoy them.
I suggest you try to buy local vegetables, if possible. Sometimes I try to brush this detail off, because of the dish I’m making or something I am craving. But then when I taste local food, I remember how much more flavor is packed into the vegetables! It truly does make a difference.
If you are trying to convince someone to like cabbage, make them this recipe! If you don’t have small cabbage you can cut the cabbage into slices and top it with bacon and garlic and olive oil.
- 1 cabbage (or 2 small cabbages)
- 3-4 pieces of bacon, cooked
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Quarter the cabbage (into 4 pieces), or slice the small cabbages in half.
- Sprinkle cooked bacon, garlic, and olive oil on each cabbage piece.
- Wrap in aluminum foil, separately.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- I cook my bacon in the oven on 400, on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil for 15-18 minutes (prior to cooking the cabbage).