Happy New Year! Today I am sharing my newest recipe Creamy Tomato Rosemary Soup with Noodles.
This incredibly warm recipe is sure to brighten even the coldest winter days. And by cold I mean cold for the South. Which means yes, it is just 50 degrees here in New Orleans!
When I arrived in New York in October it was 55 degrees, by the last day I left it was 25… And all I wanted to do was find a heated blanket, Netflix, and a WARM cup of soup. I actually enjoy nesting in this weather. And when I’m ready to approach the world, I go to Bikram yoga, haha.
Let’s talk about the recipe. It’s similar to a Tomato Basil soup, but it’s actually a Tomato Rosemary Soup. Plus noodles, creaminess, onions, peppers, spinach, and, if you want, Parmesan on top! I used Chiocciole noodles in this recipe. If you want gluten free noodles, I recommend this brand on Amazon.
Whenever I make something delicious, I think of my mom. There aren’t many days of the year my mom isn’t cooking something delicious. My parents only live about an hour away, and every time I return home there are about 3 different dishes of leftovers I can eat. I truly LOVE leftovers. And this recipe, is AMAZING leftover.
One thing I would note, is that if you are planning to eat this leftover, you may want to put the noodles in a separate container and add them in to the soup when you are eating leftovers. If you place all the noodles into the soup at once, they may get soggy and the soup will thicken up!
Enjoy. And comment below if you have any questions!
Creamy Tomato Rosemary Soup with Noodles
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3 cups spinach chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 29 oz crushed tomato fire roasted
- 14.5 oz Tomato sauce Contadina brand
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ sprig fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cups pasta chiocciole or elbow
- Olive oil
- Parmesan shaved (optional)
- In a medium- large pot, add water and salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to package.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add green pepper, spinach, garlic and salt and pepper and continue to cook.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Add heavy cream, and continue to mix with spoon. Season well with rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to soup, and serve hot! Top with shaved Parmesan, if desired.
Your recipe name itself is new. and I am glad that you have chosen organic food products like tomatoes and other natural ingredients. I will definitely try this on a weekend.