I’m back with a new recipe! This is a Honey Garlic Asian Chicken Recipe, and it’s tried and true. Because I have literally been cooking this once a week, for over 6 months.
One good thing about this recipe, is that although I will give an amount for each ingredient, it is very flexible. Sometimes I forget the jalapeno (don’t tell Charles, my boyfriend). Sometimes I add more Sriracha if you can handle the spice! And I eyeball the garlic. 6 small cloves are not enough, but 6 large cloves definitely are.
I make this recipe once a week because it truly is so easy, extremely flavorful, filling, healthy and great leftover. When I was working overnight shifts at the hospital, I would bring this for dinner there.
I make this recipe with a side of Risotto. I like this brand of Risotto called Lundberg, and I get the alfredo flavor. They seem to have it at most groceries and I stock up because it truly is delicious, and fairly clean ingredients. You could also make it with white or brown rice, cauliflower rice, or just a side of veggies.
I also think it’s hard to tell you exactly how long the chicken needs to cook. I make this with chicken thighs, and I find they never dry out so I air on the side of overcooking, 8-10 minutes each side. If cooking this with breasts, the cook time depends on how thick each breast is. Thin breasts- 8-10 min per side. I also then cook the breasts with the sauce for another 5 minutes.
I started cooking Asian food because my boyfriend Charles is obsessed. I never claimed to be a chef, I just am a lover of cooking who wants to share my recipes that work! My tried and true recipes. Asian food is difficult to master, but I am taking it recipe by recipe and sharing recipes with you, that I find DELICIOUS. Try it out and let me know! Did you like this Honey Garlic Asian Chicken Recipe?
Honey Garlic Asian Chicken
- 1 pound chicken thigh
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 jalapeno chopped (with or without seeds)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 5 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on each side. Add olive or coconut oil to a medium/large cast iron on medium heat. Once heated, add chicken and cook on each side for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Cover the skillet (I use a top from a Cuisinart pot), for more even and quicker cooking.
- While chicken is cooking, mince the garlic, and roughly chop the jalapeno and green onions. Place green onions aside.
- In a medium bowl, make the sauce by adding garlic, jalapeno, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, juice of lime and stir with a spoon to mix all ingredients.
- After the chicken has been cooked, discard the extra chicken juices from the skillet.
- Keep the chicken in the skillet, and turn heat to low/medium. Add honey garlic sauce onto the chicken and mix sauce onto chicken with tongs or a large spoon.
- Cook sauce and chicken for about 5 minutes. Allow enough time for the sauce to thicken.
- Top with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve hot with rice or veggies.
Leave a Reply