If you are confused about how to eat kale, this Kale Salad Recipe will be a great start. For a while I never knew how to use kale. The only use I could find for it was juicing it with a ton of other veggies. Since kale is a superfood, I knew it was a wonderful vegetable to add to my diet.
This kale salad recipe will make you ask why you haven’t been eating kale every day! I personally like to make this salad on Sundays and eat it all week long. It’s a wonderful lunch (throw some chicken on top) or great with dinner.
If you are looking for an entree to go with this salad, try
- 1 bunch of kale
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½-3/4 cup sliced almonds
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- For Salad
- 1. Separate kale, and remove leaves from stems. Rinse well.
- 2. Fill a pot with water and place a double boiler on top.
- 3. Steam the kale for about 1-2 minutes. You want it to be softer than it began, but the texture is really up to you.
- 4. Place kale in freezer for 5-10 minutes, if you want cold salad. (I prefer cold)
- 5. Add red onion and almonds and toss salad.
- 6. Top with dressing.
- For dressing
- 1. Mix ingredients and store in fridge.
- It is very important to steam the kale. This is the key ingredient in making the kale taste delish! The dressing makes enough dressing for a weeks worth of salads. I make this amount of dressing because I like to have extra, and then there's no excuse to use a store-bought dressing!
Penny Bravo says
I can’t wait to try this salad!
Monica Bravo says
Great! Let me know how it goes!
Alex Ivani says
Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue together with your website in web explorer, could check this? IE nonetheless is the market chief and a huge section of people will pass over your magnificent writing because of this problem.
Priscilla Webb says
This salad is delicious! The salad dressing is especially good! So good to know how to prepare/steam kale for a tasty salad. This salad is so refreshing on a hot day! Keeps well in the refrig. too! Thanks Monica for creating this salad.
Mike LeCompte says
You are right on about the kale salad. I add avocado to mine to get some good fat