Sometimes we don’t feel like cooking extravagant meals, and we just need a HAMBURGER. How about Grass-Fed Paleo Hamburgers for dinner?!
I get a lot of questions about what I actually eat. What can you even eat? What do you order at restaurants? It’s actually not that hard to find things to eat while following a Paleo lifestyle. Did you know that you can eat hamburgers? And they can be good for you?! Hamburgers have a bad reputation when it comes to health. People think saturated fat from juicy meat, carbs from the bread, and well, everything people like to pair with hamburgers (cough cough… french fries). People definitely have it right about the negative consequences of bread and fries, but let’s eat the meat.
So why grass-fed?
- They have a better ratio of omega 3’s to omega 6’s; we want omega 3’s. They are anti-inflammatory!
- Omega 3’s almost vanish in the feedlot. We want omega 3’s, because they help prevent cancer.
- It is good for the animals and supports sustainable farmers.
- Cows are meant to eat grass, not grains! Cows eating grass are healthier, which makes them safer for you to eat!
- Cows eating grass aren’t sick, so they don’t need as many antibiotics. This is good, because you aren’t getting their antibiotics (but you will if you eat conventional meat!).
- 1 ½ lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt & pepper
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions. Make a depression in the center of the patty with your thumb.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add oil to cast iron skillet, and heat until the oil is shimmering.
- Cook patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Top with bacon & sautéed onions.
Leave a Reply