What’s for dinner tonight? Oven roasted chicken!
Looking for a dish that will impress? There is nothing like the smell of baked chicken in the oven! This oven roasted chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy in the inside.
Chicken always seems to be a family’s favorite. Even for picky eaters and children, everyone loves chicken. It is great served with onions, peppers, and carrots. We like to throw them in the same tray as our chicken and just let them cook.
To season the chicken use our All-Purpose Dry Rub recipe. If you have a rotisserie just season it with this rub, and let it cook!
Buying tip: Make sure to buy free-range, antibiotic and hormone free chickens. When chickens are pumped with hormones and antibiotics and you eat them, you get the negative effects
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) whole chicken, neck and giblets removed from the cavity
- All Purpose Dry Rub
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Cover chicken in dry rub.
- Place chicken in oven for 15 minutes, and then reduce heat to 375 F.
- Continue cooking chicken until temperature reads 165 F (around an hour).
- Let it cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Let chicken sit for 15-30 minutes to get it to room temperature before roasting.