Looking for more crockpot recipes? Try this Paleo Crockpot Flank Steak recipe.
A huge reason for not eating healthy is the expense. People will try to find any excuse to not eat healthy, but money is a reasonable one. Fortunately, there are ways to eat healthy on a budget. The way I think about it is- you pay now for quality food and good health, or you pay later for medical bills and a bad quality of life. Either way you are paying.
For all those on a budget, flank steak is a wonderful choice. Many people have a problem with their flank steak coming out too tough, but this recipe will guarantee a tender outcome. It has a Mexican flavor to it, which I personally love!
Here are some sides you may want to serve with it:
- 1 flank steak
- ½ small can of green chiles
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced (depending on taste)
- In a small pan, sear the flank steak in olive oil on both sides.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours if you prefer it sliced, cook 5-6 hours if you prefer it shredded.