Paleo Chicken Nuggets? Is that seriously a thing? When I first saw people recreating chicken nuggets, I thought to myself “they could not possibly be like the real thing…” But I’m not kidding when I say these make me feel like I’m eating real chicken nuggets.
Let me tell you a little bit about my relationship with chicken nuggets. They were a huge part of my childhood. No matter where we went to eat, I ordered chicken nuggets. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. It was a known thing to my family and friends, that I ate nothing but chicken. And if there was no chicken, I just wouldn’t eat!
So after beginning my healthy lifestyle, I gave up my beloved Raising Cane’s and Chic-Fil-A. Guys, I get it, I used to love it. Some people would say, well one cheat won’t make a difference. Moderation right? But it’s just not worth it to me, I don’t miss the feeling it gave me afterwards. And honestly, it doesn’t taste that good anymore! So instead of going back to my old nuggets, I made new ones to fit my Paleo lifestyle.
These Paleo Chicken Nuggets are the real deal. The ingredients are all healthy, and they are pretty easy to make. Very college-friendly! When I got tired of frying a few breasts of chicken I stuck the rest in the oven, and they’re great baked too.
- 2 lbs of chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add ⅓-1/2 cup coconut oil to a frying pan. Heat to medium heat.
- Cube chicken into nuggets.
- Dip in egg mixture and coat well.
- Dip in dry mixture (coconut flour, seasonings) and coat well.
- Fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Do not try to fry on high heat. The coconut flour will burn and smell! Stick to medium heat and let them fry longer.
- To bake these- bake on 400 for 20-25 minutes. I omit the coconut oil and put about a tablespoon of olive oil to bake them.