Looking for a colorful meal to throw together? Try an Italian Sausage Stir Fry.
Sausage is often used as an appetizer when grilling or a breakfast side dish, but here we made our sausage the main-dish. It’s very important to get sausage locally, or online that doesn’t have additives. It’s extremely hard to find sausage without tons of additives.
When a dish is finished and it is THIS colorful, you know its a good sign! Try to buy your peppers organic, when possible, because it is one vegetable that is almost always covered in pesticides. This dish doesn’t even need a side dish, because it is full of variety.
- 2 small heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 5 links of Italian sausage
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Cook sausage in frying pan (lid on) with ½ inch of water.
- Simmer on medium-low until water cooks out. Turning several times.
- Cut peppers into strips and broccoli into florets.
- Put olive oil on medium heat in separate pan/pot/dutch oven.
- Saute peppers until more tender. Add broccoli and cook until more tender. Stirring frequently.
- Add fire roasted diced tomatoes and seasoning. Then, turn heat down.
- Drain sausage and cut into ½ inch slices. Add to vegetables and stir.
Val Huff says
Hi! Love your blog. Question about this recipe — could you bake it in the oven instead of cooking it on the stove?
Monica Bravo says
Yeah! That should work : )
This was amazing! I made it exactly as written and my entire family LOVES it. Even the non-paleo family members are asking me to make it again!
Monica Bravo says
Wow! That’s great. Thanks for sharing your favorite recipes Alissa.
Anthony Anderson says
How much does it serve.