Looking for a colorful meal to throw together? Try an Italian Sausage Stir Fry.
Sausage is often used as an appetizer when grilling or a breakfast side dish, but here we made our sausage the main-dish. It’s very important to get sausage locally, or online that doesn’t have additives. It’s extremely hard to find sausage without tons of additives.
When a dish is finished and it is THIS colorful, you know its a good sign! Try to buy your peppers organic, when possible, because it is one vegetable that is almost always covered in pesticides. This dish doesn’t even need a side dish, because it is full of variety.
Italian Sausage Stir-fry
Write a review
- 2 small heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 5 links of Italian sausage
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Cook sausage in frying pan (lid on) with ½ inch of water.
- Simmer on medium-low until water cooks out. Turning several times.
- Cut peppers into strips and broccoli into florets.
- Put olive oil on medium heat in separate pan/pot/dutch oven.
- Saute peppers until more tender. Add broccoli and cook until more tender. Stirring frequently.
- Add fire roasted diced tomatoes and seasoning. Then, turn heat down.
- Drain sausage and cut into ½ inch slices. Add to vegetables and stir.
Dr. Monica Bravo https://drmonicabravo.com/