I am 100 percent guilty of loving cookie dough. I used to be the cookie queen of my friend group. I had a famous recipe that I’d bring to everyone’s bday. It was also another excuse for me to bake… and eat cookie dough. This Paleo Cookie Dough Bar recipe is FAB, and the best part is you can eat it raw, without the risk of getting sick. (Although who REALLY worried about getting sick from Nestle cookie dough.)
This recipe is a Paleo-ified favorite. It mimics the taste and look of a delicious chocolate chip cookie but without the grains, refined sugars, and other ingredients found in a store-bought cookie. Although this recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and positively delicious, it is still a treat and should be eaten in moderation like any other dessert!
- 1.5 cups of almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut flour
- ½ cup of melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup of organic maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of Mexican vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of Dark Chocolate, chopped (I use Lindt 85%)
- Dash of salt
- Mix flours and salt together.
- Add coconut oil, syrup, and vanilla, and stir well.
- Place dough into tray and flatten out with spoon.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes to enjoy promptly, or place in refrigerator until hardened.
- Serve cold.
- Note: If you'd rather a warm chocolate chip cookie follow steps below.
- Follow steps 1 and 2.
- Add 1 egg, and ½ tsp of baking soda.
- Bake in oven on 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- The Mexican vanilla can be substituted for regular vanilla extract, but the Mexican vanilla makes the recipe unique and super sweet! You can find it at most grocery stores.