Have you ever said, “I’m not much of a fish person.” And you may have thought “I definitely don’t like tuna.” My best friend, Elizabeth, and I both said these things before we created this delicious recipe. If you don’t like tuna, you will after trying this Paleo Tuna Steak recipe.
Why eat tuna? Tuna is a wonderful source of healthy fats, omega 3’s. Omega 3 fatty acids= anti-inflammatory. Don’t know what inflammation is? Read this post. Omega 3’s are SO important to include in your diet.
Kitchen Tip: Buy a cast iron skillet! I can honestly say it is the most essential tool when it comes to cooking, especially for new cooks.
Here are two great ones. I’d definitely call this an essential in cooking.
- 1 Yellowfin Tuna Steak
- 1 tablespoons butter (I use Kerrygold brand)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drizzle melted butter and olive oil on tuna steak. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Marinade anywhere from 15 minutes to hours (longer the better).
- Let tuna sit out and bring it closer to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Place ghee in skillet (preferably cast-iron) and bring it up to high heat.
- Sear tuna steak in skillet- 1 minute each side.
- If you like your Tuna only seared and raw in the middle, serve now.
- If you like it cooked medium or well, place in oven for 2 minutes on each side.