On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…. Flavorful Flank Steak!
Today’s recipe is Flavorful Flank Steak from Paleo For One! Paleo For One is an eBook written and photographed by my friend Vanessa Jay of Plaid and Paleo. I could write this whole post about how much I love Vanessa, her blog, and her great recipes, but instead I’ll focus on this cookbook.
Vanessa’s story may be a bit similar to yours. See… When Vanessa began eating Paleo, she was working a busy job and realized if she wanted to maintain this healthy diet, she had to meal prep her food. Like many of us, she cooked in big batches, but then by day 5 of eating the same meal, she was really sick of it! She came up with Paleo for One to solve this issue and help those of us who want to keep our Paleo food interesting, delicious, and stop wasting leftovers!
What I like about this eBook is that she has a whole section of Weekly Remix Recipes. This means you can make a big batch of something, like this Flavorful Flank Steak, but then Vanessa tells you how to make it into different meals to keep it interesting. For instance, this flank steak can then be made into a Ginger Steak Salad, Skillet Steak Fajitas, Steak and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers, and Steak and Eggs. Pretty amazing! Head to Vanessa’s site and download Paleo for One now!
- 1 ½ lbs flank steak
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Mix coconut aminos, olive oil, rice vinegar, ginger, fish sauce and garlic together in a large ziplock bag.
- Place flank steak into bag and place bag into refrigerator. Make sure the marinade fully covers the steak.
- Let marinate overnight.
- Pull marinated steak from fridge and let come to room temperature for approximately 15-30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high approximately 400-425 degrees.
- Place steak on grill and cook with the lid down for 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove steak from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut steak against the grain in thin diagonal slices and serve!