Some recipes are just too good not to share. These Paleo Chicken Salad Wraps are one of those recipes. It’d just be wrong for me to keep this recipe to myself.
As some of you know, I worked for Laura Fuentes at MOMables last summer. I like to say she gave me the “Blogging for Dummies” course. She had it down, but she needed an intern and I wanted to learn. It was such a fun experience, and now whenever I’m in town I must visit for Bulletproof Coffee or a Paleo treat together. We both love healthy food, blogging, and coffee. A lot.
This recipe idea came from her, she has a staple chicken salad recipe that she makes weekly, and we get really creative with 100 million ways we can eat it. After finding these completely Paleo wraps, we decided to stuff them with her chicken salad. It was deeelicious. I love all different kinds of chicken salad. I actually have another Chicken Salad Recipe on my blog, which is a bit more complicated. This one that I’ll share today is much easier and perfect to make each week.
This recipe actually inspired my big project, Bravo For Vive, a line of Paleo foods for concessions. I thought these wraps would be awesome for tailgating and stadium food, and I wanted to be able to help those who want to eat healthy but have no option to in these situations! This season we will be at LSU, and we could be coming to a stadium near you soon! You can see my cute promo video about our concession line on Youtube.
So about the recipe… You have to buy the Paleo wraps online on Amazon. I’m not always a huge fan of buying Paleo products, but 1) these are only made of coconut, so they’re super healthy and 2) these are SO good and will give you so many new options for lunch. After you buy the wraps, make the chicken salad and use a Paleo mayo recipe. Do not get lazy about the Paleo mayo and buy store-bought; the Paleo mayo is much better. Mayo can be tough if you don’t follow directions. Happy lunch-making! Share with me in the comments your opinion on this recipe.
- 1 whole roasted chicken or 2 pounds of chicken
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 2-3 Tablespoons)
- ⅓ - ½ cup Paleo mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 large egg, at room temperature (very important to be at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, at room temperature
- 1 cup light olive oil (or ½ cup olive oil + ½ cup avocado oil)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard, optional
- 1 Paleo Wrap
- ½ cup chicken salad
- Extra mayo (optional)
- Put cooked chicken in a food processor and pulse a few times to rough chop. Continue pulsing for about 30 seconds until the chicken is finely chopped. *If you turn "on" the food processor, your chicken will become a "paste" instead of very finely chopped. Don't do this.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and creole seasoning and blend well.
- Toss chicken into the bowl, combine a few times with a spatula and throw in finely chopped celery.
- Place the 1 egg, lemon juice, salt and optional dijon mustard in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until frothy and blended.
- The key to this step is being patient and slow. Tablespoon by tablespoon start to add the olive oil, while the blender or food processor is on. Keep pouring slowly. It should take 2 to 3 minutes. If you rush this it will not emulsify.
- Lay wrap on a flat surface. Spread extra mayo if desired. Add chicken salad on top and spread evenly. Fold in two of the four side of the wrap about ½ inch. (So fold top and bottom) Then take the other side and wrap it up tightly! Cut wraps in half or leave whole.
- Need help? Watch the video above to see how it's done!