Looking for another way to eat your favorite vegetable? Try this Paleo Sweet Potato Bread, recipe courtesy of Grass Fed Girl.
I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this sweet potato bread recipe came out! It’s a great way to prep your food ahead, for the next week (if you don’t eat at all at once, like me…). Sweet potatoes have become top 10 favorite foods on my list, and if you don’t agree you must try this recipe! I personally like it served hot, with some melted grass-fed butter on it.
Many people ask me my opinion on carbs, and truthfully I believe it depends on the person. When I started adding sweet potatoes to my grocery list, my workouts were more efficient, and I recovered quicker. Here’s a great article on Females, Carbs, and Hormones. Going too low carb may not be the answer for you! It’s all about experimenting with yourself and finding what works best for you.
This recipe is easy to make and very filling. If you are going to use grain-free flours, coconut flour is the best out there (as far as nutrition is concerned). It is a dense flour, but in this recipe you don’t have to use much.
What’s your favorite way to eat sweet potatoes?! Comment below!
- 1.5 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, baking soda, and sweet potato in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and coconut oil, and mix well.
- Top with cinnamon.
- Put mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the middle is set.
- I boiled my sweet potatoes before, and removed the skin.