Today I’m sharing with you a Grain Free Chocolate Cake Recipe. It’s more like flourless chocolate cake than regular fluffy cake, but personally I like it that way! Verrryyy chocolaty, I’d say.
This cake turned out a lot better than I expected. It was one of those days where I just sorta threw in ingredients and hoped for the best, and it worked. I baked it in a loaf pan and then cut it like slices of bread. The presentation was beautiful for our Thanksgiving table! I’m telling you, sometimes I have way too much fun baking and photographing food.
To be fair to all of you, I will tell you a slight disclaimer; I do not eat Paleo desserts on the regular. But here’s my thing, if I’m going to “cheat” it’s NOT going to be the real thing, because the real thing makes me feel terrible and is filled with chemicals and loads of refined sugar. I’d rather recreate it for an occasion like Thanksgiving, which is where I served this cake. There’s a time and a place for grain free cake, and I think a holiday is appropriate.
And to also be fair to you, I try not to overload my blog with grain-free dessert recipes. Since they’re a rare occasion, they will be a rare occasion on my blog too! If you like this recipe, make sure to share it with your friends and family.
- 16 ounces of dark chocolate (2 bars)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Grease one 8x4 loaf pan with coconut oil and preheat oven to 350.
- Melt one bar of dark chocolate and coconut milk in a small saucepan of low heat.
- Remove from heat, and stir eggs, honey and mashed banana into mixture.
- Stir in almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Top with other chocolate bar, broken into pieces.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- I use 90% dark chocolate with little to no sugar in it.